Friday, January 11, 2008
As long as I can remember, my body has gravitated toward any and almost every body of water. If I travel to a lake or hike near a river, I can hear the gentle ripples or rushing waters calling my name. Times this power by 100 and what you get is the roar of the ocean luring me in. As a result, here I am standing in the Pacific Ocean in the middle of December. There were crowds of surfers dressed in wet suits from their head to their toes, but not a plain old bathing suit wader in site. I eventually convinced my friend Jessica to join me and needless to say we had a blast riding the waves of Redondo Beach during a December sunset. I never remember a time when I accumulated so much sand in every nook and cranny and opening of my body. Even with the sand, it was well worth the ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Laura - you're ripped!
It must be genetic...Matt is the same way! I hope you had a fun trip!
Hey Laura!
It's Janae Linde . . . now Letterman. My little sister Megan found your blog, I didn't even realize she knew you? Anyway fun to see you again after all these years. You look just like Cathy, I'm sure you hear that all the time!
Janae
Post a Comment