Monday, April 20, 2009

Thank heaven it's Spring!




While blogging is definitely not my specialty, I thought I would share some of my happy springtime moments mostly with images. Since owning a home with a yard, I have found a new love for the vegetation that grows in my very own yard. I would choose to do yard work any day over any other type of work. I'm sure it is a illness that dates back to my early years of mowing the lawn at a young age, dropping seeds carefully in the dirt rows, and gathering "shoots" after my dad has pruned the apple trees.
Call me crazy, but I love watching my garden grow. There is something so simple and yet so incredible about a small seedling breaking through the ground and emerging into life.
I grew up accustom to cherry blossoms in the Spring. I find it ironic and yet very fitting that my backyard is adorned with 2 large cherry trees just like the ones I grew up with. I can remember jumping on the trampoline and reaching for the highest possible cherry branch.
Yard work is not all fun and games. If only I had a picture of me up in the cherry tree with a chainsaw you would understand. I have a hard time justifying paying people to do my yard work. If my dad did it, surely I could do it. Gratefully the descent from the tree was successful.
I actually hate these flowers. Hate is a strong word, but I have spent much time trying to uproot these grape like bunches. They grow everywhere, even in places where no life was expected. This photo doesn't do it justice!

Beginning of Peony bush.Gotta love the chives!

3 comments:

cathy said...

Yay Laura - you're back! I love all of your pictures. I bought some herb seeds. Let's plant them!

amanda said...

woohoo! you posted. I'm jealous of your yard and garden!

Jessica said...

Yea for Laura! Beautiful pictures! YOu are inspiring me to try a do a little more yard work!