We have all experienced times of heartache, loneliness, and discouragement. During those troubling times, I often wonder, where is the light at the end of the tunnel, where is the calm after the storm, will it ever end? We may feelabandoned, left alone to fend for ourselves. Christ ultimately understood those feelings. He truly knew what it was like to be forgotten and forsaken, but He promised he would not leave us
comfortless. If we ever need that light, or calm, or peace to come a little quicker, may I suggest what the Lord suggested, "feed my sheep".
Covenant of Peace:
Hold not thy peace at my tears
Spare not thy arm during my distress
Stay not thy mercy in my frailty
Restrain not thine eye from my loneliness
The warmth of thy spirit adrift
The touch of thy healing hand abroad
The calm of thy love afar
The comfort of thy words astray
They may forget, yet I will not forget
They may forsake, yet I will not forsake
Neither shall ye forsake thy brethren
As I have done, go and do likewise
I feed those that feed my sheep
I remember those that remember the sick
I forgive those that forgive their brethren
I comfort those that comfort my friends
Mourn with those that mourn
Lift up the hands that hang down
Pardon the faults of thine accusers
Be thou a keeper of thy brother
My compassion will wipe away all thy tears
I will encircle thee about in the arms of my love
My grace shall attend thy troubled soul
I am continually watching over my sheep
1 comment:
*****************************
An inspirational story of vulnerability and overcoming adversity
thanks for having the courage to share
Qualified Life Coach
Best Sober Recovery Blog
How do I stop drinking
Reading List for Sobriety Books
All the best
for the future
Bren
*****************************
Post a Comment